Thursday, July 16, 2020
Erik Townsend and Patrick Ceresna welcome Lyn Alden to MacroVoices. Erik and Lyn discuss:
- U.S. Deficit was already growing pre-COVID19 crisis
- Current employment dislocation compared to 2009
- Is the Fed's monetary policy what's driving the V-shaped recovery in stock prices?
- Fed's policy to inject more liquidity into the real economy and its implications
- Will Monetary Policy 3 lead us to consumer price inflation risk?
- Gold vs. Money supply and real interest rates
- Possible impact on the markets from the upcoming U.S. Presidential election
Lyn is the bomb. You really want to listen to this if you're interested in finance (i.e. your money) at all. Also, the CCP virus news is pretty bad. Thanks again to China for developing this really creative virus for everyone! And thanks to the NIH for paying for it. I guess we're lucky they didn't want to play around with something even deadlier with their gain of function shenanigans.