Cruz is gambling that if it comes to that, the establishment won't be able to stop him. The establishment doesn't really want to find out if he's right.
Monday, December 15, 2014
Luck has become famous for congratulating—sincerely and enthusiastically—any player to hit him hard. Any sack is met with a hearty congratulations, such as ”great job” or “what a hit!” He yells it after hard hits that don’t result in sacks, too. It is, players say, just about the weirdest thing any quarterback does in the NFL.
Sony Pictures Entertainment has demanded that news organizations stop the publishing of private information from what is shaping up to be one of the most devastating corporate hacks of all time.
We hereby undertake not to publish any material stolen from Sony, unless it becomes obvious we could do so without anybody nailing us for it.
I have to say, if this is North Korea, it turns out to be an extremely clever response to the movie "The Interview." Extremely illegal, of course, but that has not bothered North Korea in the past. It's the sort of thing somebody could make a movie about. Among many others who careers are toast as a result of these disclosures, I suspect those who argued fearlessly for the production of The Interview are now reaping the rewards of their fearlessness, which is Hollywood is often not so good.
Why was no big fuss made over Thomas' unjustifiable death?
It was on videotape. It was far more violent than Eric Garner's death. It clearly was not an accident or caused in part by his weight or bad physical health.
Thomas was killed by three men who were either bad cops or poorly trained, or both. But he was the wrong color - white.
That's why there were no sad commentaries from President Obama and no public protests from professional football or basketball players when the three cops who killed Thomas got off.
We have a serious law enforcement problem in America, but it's not about race. It's about bad cops and how we've built our policing system.
Though the Pew study does not explore the reasons Mexican Catholics leave the Church when emigrating to the US, it does offer statistics that show a substantial decline of Catholic affiliation. While 81% of Mexicans identify themselves as Catholics, the number drops to 61% of Mexican Americans—a difference of 20%, or some four million persons, in real terms.
That's me in the corner. That's me in the spot. light. Etc.
Report reveals grisly details of Clayton Lockett's botched execution in Oklahoma | Daily Mail Online
What do we need? I offer 6 ways for America to regain its edge…
1) We need to jump from 30th place to 1st place in secondary-school math achievement. That means our kids have to stop playing video games and crack the calculus text.
2) We need to spend hundreds of billions of dollars on frontier R&D on the old DARPA model. No more trillion-dollar budgets for an F-35 that won’t fly.
3) We need to aggressively recruit talented engineers, scientists and tech entrepreneurs from overseas. We are still training a lot of the rest of the world’s best talent, and we should strive to keep them in the U.S. That’s the urgent priority of immigration reform. Latin Americans are irrelevant to the U.S. economy (net immigration basically stopped when the construction boom collapsed). We’re arguing about the wrong things.
4) We need patent reform (cutting the duration of many classes of patents to perhaps 5 years from 20), as Prof. Reuven Brenner brilliantly argued last year in the Wall Street Journal.
5) We need reductions in corporate and capital gains tax rates and a regulatory rollback.
6) We need to rebuild basic infrastructure. Some of this can be done through private initiative but not all, or most.
We need all of the above. Any five of the above will fail without the sixth ingredient in the recipe. Can we do it? Of course. Will we? It’s not even on the political agenda.
So if the anarchists in our midst aren’t homegrown. . then who are they? And where did they come from? Here are some theories making the rounds.
Adventurous William ventured out to view the looted Trader Joe's. It's pretty crazy up there.